Question:
Should I start getting my cholesterol levels taken at the age of 24?
ctseiko
2006-01-13 10:49:05 UTC
My partner often cooks food in butter as he is french, i exercise alot but am still worried about my cholesterol levels despite not gaining weight etc
Five answers:
Seth
2006-01-13 10:49:38 UTC
Never too early to start checking the levels.
2006-01-14 17:17:55 UTC
Yes it's a good idea to start checking your levels as early as 20 yrs.old. Exercise is a great idea, but it's only a part of healthy cholesterol control. Diet is also important, and it helps to lower your saturated fat intake.
Dr_n_ur_friend
2006-01-13 10:58:43 UTC
The national institute of health suggests,

Everyone older than 20 yrs of age should get their bolld cholesterol checked every 5 yrs.Its better to check "the lipoprotien profile" to get an accurate iformation.

U can find more informations here...
Nurse Annie
2006-01-13 10:54:22 UTC
yes- it is definately adviseable